Camel ride Experience in The Desert Dunes
this camel ride will give you the opportunity to get the best out of your desert authentic experience by spending more time in the Sahara desert dunes and visiting the local Berber families also get a sense of the Berbers life and the understand the meaning behind calling the native Moroccans .
Camel Trek Details
Camel Trek to Erg Chebbi dunes -Oasis -Desert Camp
The camel Trekking will start right into the desert dunes passing by a small oasis right in the middle of the dunes. This is where we will spend the first night.
Erg Chebbi Dunes -Berber Nomad Family - Desert Camp
In the morning, after you enjoy your breakfast we will head towards our next destination. We will stop for lunch in the shadow of a tree called '' Tamarist ''. After you enjoy your lunch we continue the journey towards the home of a Tuareg family with whom you will spend the night.
Erg Chebbi Dunes -Berber Nomad Family - oasis
Today after enjoying your breakfast with the Tuareg family , we will head towards another small oasis in the middle of the Sahara desert. We will stop on the way for lunch. After lunch we continue to a Berber nomad family living in this oasis where you will spend your third night with the Berber nomad family .
Oasis - Merzouga
After you enjoy your breakfast head back to the village of Merzouga .
INCLUDES / EXCLUDES
- Hotel for your luggage during the camel trek
- Camel Guide
- Dinner and Breakfast
- 2 Night in a desert camp
- Camel trek into the Sahara desert dunes
- Free parking for your car
- Sand Boarding in Erg Chebbi dunes
- Visit of a nomad family & Merzouga Oasis
- Lunch in desert (Berber Pizza)
We can meet at your hotel in Merzouga/Rissani/Erfoud or any location you prefer . Contact us for more info
You can get to the desert by your own or rental car or even using the public transport . you can also check our Morocco tour packages where camel trekking is included
We will show you how to ride a camel without any problems . Our tour guide will give you the instructions on the starting point
riding a camel may not be comfortable for some travelers thus we advice you to follow the instructions below for your own comfort :
- you will have to wear long pants because of the back and forth motion on the camel's back will cause your pants to go up to your calves
- you will need to have sunscreen
- you will need to make sure you secure your electorinc devices ( Camera , phone ...) because camels are tall and you don't want your devices to fall from that height
- you will need to bring a light pain killer because riding a camel for 2-3 hours will hurt your legs but nothing major , same pain you would get after a light work out .