Camel Trekking Adventure in The Sahara Desert Dunes
the 2 nights camel trek will give you the opportunity to get the best out of your desert authentic experience by spending more time in the Sahara desert dunes and visiting the local Berber families also get a sense of the Berbers life and the understand the meaning behind calling the native Moroccans Berbers .
Camel Trek to Erg Chebbi dunes - Sunset - Sand Board - Desert Camp
The Camel Trekking adventure for two days will take place in the evening . We will pick you at the meeting point or your accommodation and start by riding the camels into the Sahara desert dunes to the desert camp . You will have a break on the way to take some amazing pictures of the sunset and sunrise over the sand dunes. at the arrival you will have time to try sand boarding on top of the dunes and explore the area before we come back to the desert camp where you will be served dinner . After you enjoy your dinner you will be entertained with some local music around a campfire and later on you can walk up the nearest dunes to enjoy the starry sky in a very peaceful night .
Erg Chebbi Dunes - Black Desert - Berber Nomad Family - Desert Camp
Today the staff will wake you up you early in the morning to enjoy watching the beautiful sunrise over the sand dunes . After you enjoy your breakfast at the desert camp we will start riding camels to visit and have lunch with a nomad family . After visiting, relaxing and having lunch with the family we will ride the camels back to the camp, when we arrive back to the desert camp we will leave the camels and we will walk up the sand dunes to visit Merzouga Oasis then we walk back to the desert camp after watching the sunset. Dinner will be served in a desert camp .
Desert Camp - Merzouga
Today the staff will wake you up you early in the morning to enjoy watching the beautiful sunrise over the sand dunes before we start riding the camels back to Merzouga where you will have a refreshing shower and breakfast .
INCLUDES / EXCLUDES
- Hotel for your luggage during the camel trek
- Camel Guide
- Dinner and Breakfast
- 2 Night in a desert camp
- Camel trek into the Sahara desert dunes
- Free parking for your car
- Sand Boarding in Erg Chebbi dunes
- Visit of a nomad family & Merzouga Oasis
- Lunch in desert (Berber Pizza)
We can meet at your hotel in Merzouga/Rissani/Erfoud or any location you prefer . Contact us for more info
You can get to the desert by your own or rental car or even using the public transport . you can also check our Morocco tour packages where camel trekking is included
We will show you how to ride a camel without any problems . Our tour guide will give you the instructions on the starting point
riding a camel may not be comfortable for some travelers thus we advice you to follow the instructions below for your own comfort :
- you will have to wear long pants because of the back and forth motion on the camel's back will cause your pants to go up to your calves
- you will need to have sunscreen
- you will need to make sure you secure your electorinc devices ( Camera , phone ...) because camels are tall and you don't want your devices to fall from that height
- you will need to bring a light pain killer because riding a camel for 2-3 hours will hurt your legs but nothing major , same pain you would get after a light work out .